Ugwu-Infused MuffinsJuly 17, 2017
Lamb Stir-FryAugust 9, 2017
This meal is perfect for Sunday Lunch or when you just want to indulge with that special someone or your family…
I had fun preparing these for my family…I hope you do too.
Here’s what you’ll need;
Ingredients for 4 servings
- Chopped Garlic
- Chopped Ginger
- Chopped Onion
- Grated Habanero (ata rodo)
- Mint leaves
- Parsley leaves
- Coconut oil
- Half cup of blended peppers
- King Prawns
- 2 cups of Basmati Rice
- Chicken sausages
- Chicken stock or hot water
- Chopped Veggies (carrots, peas, sweetcorn)
- Knorr cubes
- Salt to taste
- Spice the prawns with knorr cubes in a bowl and set aside
- In a wok, heat about 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, saute the chopped garlic, ginger and onions for about a minute.
- Pour the blended peppers, and spices. Fry the mixture for about 5 minutes
- Now, add in the basmati rice and stir continuosly for another 5 minutes
- Stir in about 3 cups of hot water or chicken stock in the wok
- Allow to cook until the rice is soft to eat but not soggy
- Stir in veggies & chicken sausages, and allow to steam with the rice
NOTE: To prevent rice from being soggy: once the water/stock is dried up in the wok, stir the rice and put on a low heat, allow steam to the magic…This always always work for any rice dish.
For the prawns,
Heat a pan, add about a tbsp of oil and saute the prawns on each side..add extra spice of choice to get more flavors.